The Bathurst Estate (Cirencester)
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to join our Cirencester
Park team as an ambassador for the Estate. The candidate must have good people skills and
be able to turn their hand to all manner of practical rural tasks. The role will be to provide a
security presence (both in Cirencester Park (‘the ‘Park’) and on the wider Estate), liaising with
members of the public, undertaking general Estate maintenance jobs and facilitating /
overseeing events within the Park.
The job is predominately set outdoors and although there is a range of mechanical equipment
available to help with most tasks, there shall also be a level of manual work which makes it
quite physically demanding.
Responsibilities shall include:
• Acting as a main point of contact for Cirencester Park
• Opening and closing the park gates
• Dealing with the general public on a day-to-day basis.
• Liaising with tenants and contractors regarding maintenance matters.
• General groundwork, cutting grass, strimming, hedge cutting and other maintenance
• General road and footpath maintenance.
• Maintenance of tools and equipment (to include chainsaws) used on the Estate.
• Patrolling the wider Estate as required
• Woodland & Estate maintenance (to include dealing with windblown trees/fallen
branches, fencing repairs, hedge cutting, track maintenance)
• Carrying out risk assessments
• Co-ordinating and overseeing 3rd party events and other activities within the Park
Essential skills and experience (allowances may be made for the right candidate)
• Full UK driving licence
• NPTC chainsaw certificates (minimum – maintenance & cross cutting & felling and
processing trees up to 380mm) (CS30 and CS31)
• A positive approach to health & safety
• Good problem-solving skills, and being able to work on your own or as part of a team
• Good communication skills
• Emergency First Aid at Work
• Pesticides certificates (PA1/PA6)
• Rodenticide certificate
• Driving licence to tow trailers
The role would be part time (3-4 days a week) which would include days of sole responsibility
and a day per week working alongside the Park Warden.
The successful candidate will benefit from a competitive wage (dependent on qualifications
and previous experience) and 20 days holiday per year in addition to Bank Holidays.
Closing date for application: 28th February 2022
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.