Executive on contract based in the UK to join our team. The goal of the role is to ensure we hit our sales targets and that every project is perceived by the client to be exceptionally successful.
In this role we require the holder to:
We are a boutique consultancy that provides research and consulting services to large SMEs and corporates. We use proprietary expectations-driven experience measurement methods, followed by change facilitation consulting services.
We have a spectrum of clients ranging from FTSE Top 10 to small businesses turning over £20m. All of them seek our high insight, high value, high ROI approach to the measurement of their customers and employees. The PO team is virtual, diverse, multinational, idiosyncratic, and highly educated.
We are looking for a part-time Business Development
- Create their own leads. The holder will be supported by our HubSpot CRM system. It establishes a clear pipeline of new client suspects directly or via resellers.
- Employ good judgement and experience to qualify the suspects into prospects, those opportunities that analysis suggests would be a good investment of time and effort to be taken through the remainder of the sales process, to become clients whose repeat business builds long term retention.
- Establish good electronic and F2F connection with the key people in the prospect organisation so that they get to know, like and trust all those in the PO team.
- Assist the prospect through their buying process with PO in mind to pricing, proposal and closing, including setting up and signing of contracts.
- Negotiate and close deals (in collaboration with the PO Team).
- Hand over the signed client to the Client Success Manager (CSM) for the successful delivery of the client project.
- Work with the CSM and the PO delivery team to agree the pricing for each client project.
- Continue, as relationship manager, to work with the CSM to ensure that all PO projects are perceived by the client as highly successful, give exceptional value and a high return on investment for them.
- Hand off to the CSM and lead consultant to set-up and run the client kick-off meeting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for managing the client and the PO team.
- Relationship management & business development
Eligible candidates will fit these criteria:
- Highly disciplined, focused on the client’s critical issues and their goals (consultative selling style).
- High level verbal dexterity and precision. Excellent attention to, and interpretation of, language and meaning.
- Crafts compelling proposals.
- Excellent questioning skills used to test themselves and the client tethered to exceptional listening skills.
- Experience working with different countries/cultures.
- Need to use a good amount of logical brain and business knowledge.
- A highly commercial approach.
- Detail orientated; will be familiar with pricing projects, negotiations, handling objections and closing deals.
- Knowledge and experience of customer and/or employee experience methods and practices an advantage.
- Excellent inter-personal uses analogies, stories and metaphors to simplify, organise and explain complex concepts and information.
- Knowledge of and ability to flex prospecting approaches to suit both digital/virtual and in-person environments.
- Presentations: Excellent experience with MS PowerPoint in parallel with an ability to present proposals and ideas persuasively, succinctly in an engaging manner.
- Executive Presence: experience of working in C-Suite.
- Can use latest qualifying techniques.
In addition, you will need to demonstrate team skills:
- Used to working in a virtual team & across time zones.
- Success in the role will require developing and growing a long term network and client relationships
- GDPR or similar: Good knowledge of the basic constraints and practices of GDPR will be required for briefing the client and drafting proposals.
ATTITUDES & WORKING HABITS
- Proactive, disciplined, selfless, independent, objective self-starter (requires minimal hands-on management/task setting), dedicated but detached from the client.
- Curious; wants to learn new techniques. Naturally inquisitive. Rapidly learns new methods. For example, to be able to formulate high gain questions to ask a prospect.
- Persistent, determined, does not give up easily. Invests time for the right client.
- Uses logical brain with common sense. Proactive to ask when (and as soon as) they are not sure about something.
- Flexible team-worker, with strong conviction, confidence and sincerity where their recommendations carry weight.
- Wicked sense of humour – it helps around here!
- Courage to say no to a client and to override personal wishes and do what is right for the client.
- University degree or higher.
- Sales skills development.
- Consulting skills an advantage.
- Training will be provided.
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.