Based in Plymouth, Travel required for role.
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 01392 346429
Established in 2008, Retain Limited has now evolved into a recognised leading industrial roofing and commercial roofing contractor, offering high-quality roofing solutions nationwide. We are now looking to expand our team and take on a Business Development Manager, to assist us in growing our clientele and advancing our business proposition.
BDM main responsibilities:
- Actively seeking out potential leads
- Proactively forging relationships with those involved in our supply chain
- To report to and be accountable to the Managing Director on all current opportunities and relationships with
- Using a CRM system to manage all opportunities and communications with leads/clients
- To attend networking events and represent the company ethos appropriately
- Presenting and pitching to potential clients, via electronic communications, virtual presentations or physically at events (when permitted to do so)
- Learn in depth our typical client base, through analysing their objectives, financial data, personnel and business strategy in order to form more profitable relationships
- Having themselves a thorough grasp of the roofing works Retain Limited offer, in order to confidently discuss our services with any clients/leads
- Attending different sites/locations when needed across the U.K. to meet prospective clients and seek opportunities or gain industry experience
- Utilise any previous contacts acquired in past relevant job roles
- Liaising and communicating will colleagues efficiently
- Self driven, passionate and motivated to grow the business
- Can work autonomously and take initiative at every opportunity
- Confident speaking publicly and performing pitches and presentations to clients
- Social and outgoing in order to create a great first impression
- Knowledge of the construction industry, roofing knowledge desirable but not essential as long as candidate is willing and keen to learn
- Open to flexible working hours, some overnight travel required (full and clean driving license is essential)
- Relevant experience in a similar role, BDM experience desirable
- Computer literate, experience using apple software desirable
- Proven record of success in a sales-driven environment
- A positive outlook and attitude
- A friendly team, and a relaxed head office environment
- A company car, mileage and overnight expenses
- Potential flexibility in hours if required
- Opportunity for further training and development
- Salary between £40,000 and £45,000
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 01392 346429.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.