Suttons Consumer Products Ltd are looking for a Despatch Manager to join our busy Distribution Centre based in Paignton, Devon, responsible for the despatch of over 1 million parcels of living goods (plants, bulbs and seed) every year.
Simply put, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring our orders go out to our customers correctly packed and on time. This role is critical in making sure our customer experience is exceptional and so we are looking for someone that really understands fast-paced despatch environments, warehouse management and managing people, to get the very best results for the business.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, you will be a natural leader with a hands-on attitude that ensures you never settle for anything other than excellence.
Heading up a team of staff working across our 2 sites based in Devon (one in Paignton and one in Occombe), you’ll be responsible for ensuring all shifts are productive, efficient, and working within allocated budgets. You’ll be able to quickly pick up an understanding of the key elements of our ERP system and you’ll be constantly looking at how you can improve all areas that fall under your remit.
Examples of required tasks:
The successful applicant will have overall responsibility for despatch KPIs, budget and planning for all areas of Despatch operations for the Devon sites including:
- Managing despatch teams to ensure orders are sent on time
- Proactive management of operational ‘pinch points’ taking the lead on delivering solutions
- Managing move of physical stock from one Devon site to the other taking into account daily despatch needs
- Staff planning taking into consideration future orders as well as current orders and incoming deliveries
- Recruiting up to 80-100 seasonal staff each season (and more if required)
- Monitoring and reporting key information keeping all stakeholders informed as required
Working with a variety of different teams and individuals will require the successful candidate to possess excellent communication skills. The role holder will be confident in delegating tasks, communicating changes to workloads, and setting clear objectives to their team. In addition, you will have:
Previous experience in similar supervisory/management role with an understanding of despatch processes in general
- Ideally some experience in FMCG but not essential
- Ability to work to deadlines and flexible enough to handle changing priorities and demands
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with others / lead by example
- PC literate, mainly Excel, Word, ERP systems
- Clean driving licence as you will be required to work between our two Devon sites
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.