This isn’t only being hands-on.
This is being switched on.
£30,000 up to £38,000 per annum (pro rata) – This role is offered as a 47.5 hour contract and a 40 hour contract.
Lidl’s Deputy Store Managers keep our stores running like clockwork, working on the shop floor with a driven team of Customer Assistants, Specialists and Shift Managers. They rely on our Deputy Store Managers to ensure the team is working efficiently to complete tasks accurately and on time.
You’ll be given great responsibility, ensuring the team alongside you stay motivated. You’ll be responsible for the store when the Store Manager’s away and be the first point of contact for customers and employees. In return, you’ll have the chance to lead a great team, representing an internationally-recognised growing brand.
If you can stay calm in any situation, you’re an effective decision maker and want to build on your impressive people management experience, find out more below and apply for a career a Lidl less ordinary.
What you’ll do
- Lead and motivate the team to work to their full potential every day and provide an environment where colleagues can produce their best work
- Lead and motivate your team, in accordance with our Leadership & Company Principles
- Create an environment where your colleagues can do their best work
- Ensure and provide excellent customer service throughout the store and be the lead point of contact for all customer queries
- Check and work deliveries, manage the till area and monitor store figures
- Monitor and comply with legal and company health and safety laws, standards and guidelines to meet store KPIs
- Independent management for the store in the absence of the Store Manager
What you’ll need
- Experience of leading and developing a team in a fast-paced environment
- A knack for time-management, delegation and problem solving
- Total customer focus and excellent communication skills to provide your colleagues with feedback to help develop themselves and the store
- The energy to support and motivate your team on every shift
- Determination to complete every to-do list on time, your store hit targets and maximise productivity
- Experience monitoring, managing and improving key performance indicators
What you’ll receive
This isn’t getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the extensive training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We’re proud to offer a competitive salary from £30,000 up to £38,000 (*depending on experience) with 30-35 days’ holiday per year (pro rata). Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with a 10% in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
This role is offered as a 47.5 hour contract and a 40 hour contract.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company’s receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.