Location: Peterlee, position moving to Cobalt in October
We are looking for a customer-focused and enthusiastic Deskside Support Engineer to fulfil a 9–12-month Fixed Term Contract supporting one of our well-established clients.
The role will be based at the client’s current site in Peterlee but will be moving to Cobalt around October this year & is a full-time, 37.5 hours per week working a mixture of 2 shifts, 07.30 –15.30 and 10:00 – 18:00.
The successful candidate will either need to hold SC Security Clearance or be able to obtain it. For this reason, we can only progress applications from those who hold a British passport.
The day-to-day activities include resolving a wide variety of desktop software and hardware issues and requests, while minimising disruption to users and dealing with Ad-hoc customer and IMAC requests.
Main responsibility will be to provide on-site desktop support for technical infrastructure for end users; advising and assisting users in solving problems related to software, hardware, networks, and peripherals using available technology.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- A broad technical knowledge of PC’s/peripherals and their architecture
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in desktop support/hardware refreshes
- Good working knowledge of current software packages (Office 365)
- Good working knowledge of windows operating systems (Win7 & Win10)
- A relatively good understanding of IT infrastructure
- Ability to work on own initiative, address and resolve problems in a pressurised environment
- Ability to diagnose faults in the hardware/software/operating systems used by the customer
- Excellent organisational skills, able to take a methodical approach to service issues
- Contributes to, supports and works within the team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.