This is a permanent position based on site in Newcastle, Monday to Friday working 37.5 hours per week. There may on the rare occasion be a need to work outside of normal hours.
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Provide support to all in-scope elements of the service, including PC installs and selected applications
- Provide support of aligned sub-services, ‘best effort’ support for scientific instruments, software and connectivity
- Manage Requests and Incidents to agreed SLAs. The Client’s tool of record is currently Service Now (SNow), training will be provided in the tool
- Provide Hands and Eyes support for Servers and Hosting services to visiting engineers
- Asset Management
- Accurate and timely creation and maintenance of PC records in the CMDB, including physical tagging
- Secure storage & management of PCs including component & peripheral spares
- Manage decommissioning and uplift of end-of-life equipment
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems, including WIN10, 7 & XP, security patching & PC software installation methodologies. Support scope covers Networked and non-networked devices.
- Strong diagnostic skills in logical and physical components of PCs and connected devices
- Basic knowledge of Networks & Active Directory (AD)
- Previous experience in a customer facing environment
- Previous experience in providing support in a EUC environment and be able to discharge their tasks in a remote fashion if required, (for example during lockdown), but be available to attend site as needed
- Able to follow process instructions and complete step by step validation documentation accurately. Training will be provided for these processes
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.