Hybrid working with regular attendance in London and with national travel required
• The delivery of personal, in-depth employment advice to all ranks of the Royal Navy and Royal
Marines communities, who are serving, service leavers, veterans, reservists or dependents.
• The sourcing, development and management of relationships with commercial employers.
• Management of a database of individuals who have registered for WEA Employment Services.
• The management of the Association’s online jobs board and candidate database.
• The promotion and development of the Employment Mentor and Network Advisors schemes.
• Ensure that the WEA’s Employment Services remain current and relevant.
• Source and update material, publications and individuals that offer advice on modern job
hunting and interview techniques, CV development and transferable skills.
• Identify and pursue revenue-generating opportunities through Employment Services.
• Be responsible for wider employment and non-employment related WEA services promotion.
• Control and management of all the Association’s financial accounting functions.
• Authorisation and management of all financial transactions and accountancy matters.
• Membership Secretary, Support Services Manager and Business Continuity Manager.
Please note – Candidates are not required to be accountants or hold financial management
Candidates who can demonstrate the following will be considered:
• Knowledge of the Armed Forces, resettlement and transition processes. (E)
• A successful career background in Recruitment, Executive Placement, Account Management
and/or coaching and mentoring would be a distinct advantage. (D)
• Have an understanding of budget management, financial statements and cash flow (E)
• Business development experience. (D)
• Strong partnership working and relationship building abilities. (E)
• Be a highly motivated self-starter (E)
• Highly developed organisational, administrative and communication skills. (E)
• The ability to listen and gain the confidence of others. (E)
• Confidence in dealing with all levels of public sector and commercial organisations. (E)
• Experience in, or understanding of, working in the Armed Forces environment. (D)
• Hold a UK Driving Licence and be prepared to undertake significant national travel. (D)
• Be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite (E) and knowledge of CRM systems. (D)
Hybrid working with regular attendance in London and with national travel required.
A salary of £60K plus an 8% personal pension contribution and 28 days leave plus public holidays.
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact the Chief Executive, John Lavery,
on 02079408131 or 07789074914, or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current Director of Employment & Finance, Dom Hill, may also be approached for an informal
chat if required and can be reached on 07827885514 or at Dom.email@example.com
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.