For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Transition team via this email address or on 01392 346429
Our client is a well-established company in the fuel polishing systems and oil conditioning products for critical diesel and gas engine applications, are now seeking to recruit another Field Service Technician for their team.
The Fuel Division is looking for a Technician to join their team and take on the responsibility for the tasks associated with the role, the role can be physically demanding, and the successful applicants will act as part of a team, based out of their Birmingham Headquarters.
This division provides a complete range of products and services to detect and eradicate harmful diesel fuel contamination. The range includes products for bulk fuel storage tanks, day tanks, vehicles and gensets.
Due to the level of security clearance required, this position is open to UK nationals only.
You will be reporting to the Technical Support Manager and you will be attending client sites, using the latest testing and diagnostic techniques, identify the precise causes of fuel contamination and recommend a fuel management programme suitable for any application.
Therefore, your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Fuel tank cleaning using the latest one-man entry tank cleaning equipment.
- Carrying out fuel sampling and testing
- Complete site visit reports
- On site customer service
- Work to deadlines and timescales
- Carry out Risk Assessments
- Work to Method Statements and SOP’s, identifying continuous improvement opportunities
- Deliver high standard quality of work
- Carrying out daily equipment inspection and vehicle stock checks.
- Prepared to travel extensively and be away from home as needed.
- Maintaining a safe working environment for you, your team members, and the public.
- Ensure personal compliance with all Company Health and Safety requirements
- Ensure personal compliance and promotion of the Company’s Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies
- Ensure personal compliance with the Company’s Bribery policy
- Proactively raise NCR’s where appropriate
- Proactively investigate and close allocated NCR’s
- Proactively seek industry knowledge and professional development opportunities
- Uphold the Company values
- Undertake other duties as requested by a senior member of staff
Experience and Competencies
- Good understanding of health & safety at work
- SPA Forecourt would be an advantage
- A full clean driving licence
- Flexible and adaptable
- Willing to travel nationwide and stay away from home on a regular basis
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Able to use initiative
- Professional, customer facing presentation
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent communication skills with an open and honest approach
- Enthusiastic and positive outlook
- Decisive / Problem Solver
The ideal candidate would be someone who has recently left the military and who is looking for their first step into a civilian role. There are no real qualifications for this post, but some engineering experience would be beneficial and a willingness to learn and to progress within this sector is key, as well as having an excellent sense of humour. You can be based anywhere in the UK but will have to travel to the West Midlands site on a regular basis.
In return they are offering an excellent starting salary, with an increase after 3 months’ probation, and additional allowances which include overnight allowance and weekend working allowances, on top of this a Profit Share scheme, company vehicle, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, salary insurance scheme, Death in Service and ability to purchase extra holidays as well.
Please note that this role with involve travelling across the length and breadth of the UK, from Lands’ End to John O’Groats
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 01392 346429.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.