Retain Limited is looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator to join a well-established and award winning roofing company. Based in Devon in the southwest of England, they specialise in installing industrial and commercial roofing systems. They are seeking an experienced health and safety coordinator, to join us to assist in the day to day operations of the business.
For more information, please contact Info@retainlimited.com and 01752 695333
Located in Plymouth, with travel
Attending different sites situated all over the U.K, you will be:
- Providing H&S inspections, ensuring we are adhering to all requirements and guidelines issued in relevant H&S legislation
- Providing any H&S training or support needed by colleagues
- Liaising with site management in co-ordinating and implementing any H&S policies or actions
- Performing weekly scaffold inspections at all sites
Working in our head office in Roborough, Plymouth, you will:
- Support our Managing director in creating and reviewing Risk Assessment Method Statements (RAMS)
- Fulfil necessary reporting and documenting of findings on site
- Work alongside our office administrator to co-ordinate training, or H&S administrative tasks
- Use online systems in order to perform H&S duties
- Advise on Construction phase plans
- Work alongside our office administrator to maintain H&S accreditations
- Full and clean driving license is essential due to extensive travel needed for the role
- Thorough understanding of all H&S requirements in relation to the construction industry
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks simultaneously
- NEBOSH Construction qualification ideally but will consider NEBOSH general or similar if applicant has experience in the construction industry
- Commercial or Industrial roofing experience desirable but not essential
- Experience using Apple software desirable
- A positive outlook and attitude
- Good understanding of the English language both verbally and in written communications
What we can offer you:
- A company car for the travel requirements of the role
- A relaxed comfortable working environment
- Potential flexibility in hours if required
- Opportunities for further training and qualifications
Salary: £28,000 to £36,000 dependent on experience.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.