Our client is currently recruiting IT field engineers, to work a variety of roles at multiple sites around the country. The initial scope of work on offer is largely contract based, allowing for the flexibility to choose which jobs you’d like to go out on.
The roles will include hardware and software instillation, networking, repair, fault finding and equipment upgrades.
For those new to IT, we provide a free one-week Fast-Track training course at our head office in Crewe, Cheshire. This is a one-week course, Monday-Friday, and upon successful completion we aim to get you out on site and working as quickly as possible.
The role of an IT field engineer will often require you to travel to various sites, so it is imperative you have a valid driving licence, have your own vehicle and be willing to travel to a variety of locations.
This position is open to experienced engineers and those who are looking to begin their career in IT.
Main Responsibilities of the IT Field Engineers:
- Attending customer sites to install/ resolve IT equipment
- Working closely with the IT support desk to feedback on support calls and ongoing issues
- Liaising with account managers and updating customers with the progress and resolution of issues
- UK Driving Licence & own vehicle – Essential
- Strong Interpersonal/Customer skills – Essential
- DIY Experience – Desirable
- A genuine passion for IT & a willingness to learn new skills – Essential
- Windows Networking – Desirable
- Wireless Networking – Desirable
- Logical approach to fault finding & diagnostics – Desirable
- MCP, Cisco or CompTIA Certification – Desirable
- Ex- Military- Desirable (we offer an alternative fast-track course venue to ex-military personnel and their families at our new training facility in Manchester)
Please be aware that Cerco operate as a Recruitment Agency/Employment Business. Training (if needed) takes place at our HQ in Crewe, Cheshire. We recruit and place engineers throughout the UK. After passing our training course we will look for work for you with our clients. Work cannot be guaranteed but as we invest in your training, we will always endeavour to keep you in work.
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.