For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 01392 346429
Responsible for maintaining the building and its outside area to the highest standard. To ensure all guest bedrooms and public areas maintained and repaired to the satisfaction of the senior management. Continuously seek and make improvements to the overall maintenance of the hotel. Priorities maintenance work and organises work schedules for internal and external maintenance and contractors. Have a good overall knowledge of all plant and machinery.
You will be required to work out of hours for emergencies. Responsible for all planned maintenance. Ensure that all Health and Safety & statutory requirements are carried out in a timely manner and all records kept up to date and recorded accordingly. Monitor utility costs and identify ways to reduce these. In use of company nominated chemicals, it is your responsibility to comply by COSHH. Understand the importance of adhering to company policy with reference to Hazard spotting, first aid reporting and reporting accidents.
To have a complete understanding of hotel and Company procedure in the event of a fire. Responsible for the supervision of all staff within your department initiating disciplinary proceedings where team members do not conform, however formal proceedings should not be started without consultation with senior management to ensure proper procedures are followed.
Responsible for all staff uniforms in your department. Communicate with all departments. You must have the ability to work well as a team or alone, be flexible in working shift patterns. Ability to work under pressure and remain calm at the first point of contact. Attention to detail to ensure all information is communicated and recorded correctly.
- Responsible for ensuing full, safe operation of all equipment and stock in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Demonstration of exceptional custom service at all times
- Dealing with guest enquiries and queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Professional use of the telephone and emails both internal and external
- Inspects all rooms on a regular basis to ensure that they are all maintained to the highest standards.
- Puts in place proper controls to regulate action on health and safety issues and repairs to maintain training on safety issues and proper maintenance schedules.
- Takes a personal interest and pride for ensuring that all areas of the hotel are maintained to the highest standards.
- Priorities maintenance work and organises work schedules for internal and external maintenance and contractors.
- Solving minor complaints on the spot as and when they arise and ensuring escalated complaints are handed over to senior management.
- Relaying important information to other team members and importantly the General Manager, Front Office Manager and Duty Manager.
- Up selling where possible to maximise room occupancy and use of hotel services/facilities.
- Compliance with the hotel’s rules and regulations at all times
- Working closely alongside all other departments to ensure excellent communication and be proactive in assisting other departments as required.
- Knowledge of the hotel and surrounding area that can be offered to guests as and when required.
- To assist in keeping the hotel public areas clean, tidy, hazard free always
- Dispose of old/worn stock in the correct manner.
- Report any maintenance, breakage, or cleanliness problems to the general manager.
- Undertake any training offered to improve skills or gain qualifications as required.
- Adhere to all fire safety test procedures and to assist in the evacuation process in the event of fire.
- Undertakes routine testing of the fire alarm system and records all the tests accurately and ensures all firefighting equipment is maintained to the legal standards.
- Undertakes routine testing of the water system in compliance with Legionella regulations and records all the tests accurately.
- Act on the maintenance requests from other members of the team in a cost-effective manner.
- To support the General manager in identifying, planning, and completing in-house and capital projects.
- Ensuring regular monitoring of the hotel hot and cold-water systems and heating.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety standards in the hotel comply with legal Legislation and company policy.
- Build a good rapport with external contractors to ensue servicing and maintenance of all plant goes smoothly and to ensure that any call outs placed are responded to in a timely manner.
This job description in no way states or implies that those duties listed below are the only ones to be preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to preform any other job-related duties assigned by their Senior Manager.
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.