Tasks may include: –
- Support management to ensure the workshop and yard are secure on a daily basis.
- Assisting goods in/out.
- Sorting equipment, material and components in stores and workshop
- Job packing
- Sorting waste and operation of the waste incineration system for heat recovery.
- Re-stocking consumables to the shop floor
- Support and carry out tasks alongside a skilled worker, this may include: welding; metal preparation and fabrication; outfitting; marine engineering including electrical and mechanical
- Operating FLT equipment. Helping to coordinate the safe loading, storage and unloading of materials.
- Responsible for the routine maintenance and PAT testing for all workshop/equipment. Ensuring records are updated (Training can be provided).
- Maintain housekeeping of welfare facilities, checking and cleaning toilets, mess room and offices and ensuring that hand towels, soap and various other cleaning supplies are stocked up.
- Sweep and tidy the yard ensuring that the areas around the perimeter are kept in good repair and cut back when necessary.
- Develop and maintain open, professional and honest relationships with the production team, management and external clients and contractors.
- Ensuring checklist for workshop and yard is completed daily.
- Identify and report all hazards, accidents and incidents whether directly involved or not.
Required Qualifications: –
A reasonable standard level of literacy is required.
- O.S.H. Managing Health & Safety
- A.T. Testing
- Forklift Ticket
- Fire Marshall
- First Aider
Hygiene/cleaning – training will be given
In-house training available:-
- IOSH Working Safely Course
- Abrasive Wheels Awareness
- Confined Space Awareness
- COSHH Awareness
- Environmental Awareness for employees
- Fire Extinguisher Use
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Fire Marshal Training
- Ladder Safety Awareness
- Lone Working Awareness
- Manual Handling Awareness
- Mental health Awareness
- Noise Awareness
- Risk Assessment Awareness
- Slips, Trips and Falls Awareness
- Vibration Awareness
- Working at Height Awareness
- First Aid Basic
- Bullying and harassment in the workplace
Skills and Experience: –
- Some work or other relevant experience required
- Evidence of interest or activities in practical skills
- Experience working in a team.
Good time-keeping and punctuality
Person Specification: –
- Can do attitude.
- A person who can demonstrate practical skills and interest.
- Open and committed to learning new skills.
- Good housekeeping essential.
Reliable and punctual
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.