RMA-The Royal Marines Charity – CTCRM
We are offering a 1 year fixed term contract, which for the successful applicant will lead to a permanent position as a Membership Coordinator working within the fast-growing Association strand of RMA-The Royal Marines Charity.
As the Membership Coordinator you will assume the duty of clerical and administrative support to optimise the workflow procedure within the Membership office.
You will assist colleagues and directors by supporting them with the daily running of Membership. You will be one of the main points of contact for all queries and requests and you will be an integral part of the RMA-The Royal Marines Charity workforce.
- Carry out all duties as directed by the Membership Directors
- Process all applications for Full, Associate and Supporting members
- Utilise our website to produce events and online tickets
- Proficiently complete all administration along with correlating relevant information that is needed for specific events
- Assist with the running of events when required
- Manage and support funerals, giving advice and assistance to family and directing to the Band Service, if needed
- Produce membership statistics
- Carrying out data cleansing so all records are correct and up to date
- Keep the database and website running smoothly, working with the provider to correct any issues and developments
- Undertake necessary administration to support outreach to draw in veterans of recent conflicts into events and membership.
- Support multiple branches to enable synchronisation of members key information assuring that both branch and central office have identical information at all times.
- Upload branch photos and stories to the Website
- Understanding of GDPR
- Help Branches to order standards
- Ordering and sending out items for fundraising and membership application forms to Branches
- Respond to Branch enquiries concerning fundraising and processing Branch fundraised income in liaison with community fundraising and the finance team
- Administration for new Branches e.g., adding Branch to the database and website, speaking with the new officials regarding protocols such as RMA Bye Laws
- Secretary and Membership official for the RMA Families Branch
- Respond to all correspondence from members
- Write and send thank you letters
- Directing grant requests
- Weekends may be requested due to the nature of the membership function. Should a weekend be worked, time off in lieu will be arranged with your manager.
- Attend adhoc meetings as required
- Attend all training required in support of your role and as necessary to develop additional skills and competencies
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations and procedures, maintaining safe working practices and conditions
- Support the success of RMA the Royal Marines Charity by carrying out any additional activities/duties as necessary for the role
Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Attention to detail
- Tact, discretion, and diplomacy
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Full understanding of Social media and posting
- Proven working background as a Secretary or Administration Assistant
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and the adaptability to learn new packages as and when required
- Knowledge of back-office computer systems
- Knowledge of databases.
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Full UK Driving licence and own transport
- Flexible and accommodating approach to all tasks
- A proactive and self-motivated approach
- A desire for continued process improvement
- A desire to add value to the Membership Team and RMA the Royal Marines Charity
- £22,000 per annum rising to £24,000 on successful completion of probation
- 35 hours per week to be worked over 5 days between Monday to Friday 0830 – 1630.
- 30 days holiday plus Bank holidays (if working a 5 day week)
- Workplace pension and life assurance after qualifying period
- Private medical insurance scheme after qualifying period
- Onsite shop/cafe
- On Site Parking
- Use of onsite facilities.
- Please send your CV and a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com
- 31 Aug 2022
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch on 02392 981 947
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.