The role of the Branch Finance Officer is to support branches in managing their finances (including budgeting and reporting). The primary focus will be on those branches that have adopted the use of custodian funds1, for whom the Branch Finance Officer is the de facto Treasurer. The Branch Finance Officer will also provide advice to other branch treasurers as required.
To apply, please email CV’s and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject ‘MembershipFO‘.
- Ensure the appropriate recording and organisation of the financial data, using Excel, for those branches that have adopted the use of custodian funds.
- Prepare the annual financial returns, using Excel, for those branches that have adopted the use of custodian funds.
- Prepare the necessary papers for approval of payments to those branches that have adopted the use of custodian funds.
- Account for the income received from those branches that have adopted the use of custodian funds.
- Provide book-keeping advice to all branch treasurers, as required.
- Be the staff champion of the RMA Treasurer’s Handbook, and the annual accounting processes contained therein.
- Liaise with RNRMC Finance Team to ensure the correct accounting of funds for those branches that have adopted the use of custodian funds.
- Support the RNRMC Finance Team in assessing the annual financial returns of the RMA branches and in preparing the management accounts for the Membership Committee.
- Support the Operations Directors and Membership Co-ordinators with necessary financial administration advice.
- Collaborative and adaptive working required to support all functions of the membership team at all times.
- Due to the function of the Membership team some weekend work may be requested, we ask that where possible this is always attended and time off in leu will be given.
Professional Knowledge and Skills
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Certificate (or equivalent) or Qualified by Experience.
- Intermediate Level Excel 365 user
- Exam MO-200: Microsoft Excel (Excel and Excel 2019) or equivalent Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Book-keeping.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to deliver in a concise and clear manner all book-keeping practices and procedures to volunteer branches and regional treasurers via telephone, teams and in person when required.
- Full understanding of all compliance required to ensure that all book-keeping standards are met and maintained at all times.
- Willingness to visit branches across the UK to offer direct support where this is deemed essential.
Hours and Salary
- Monday to Friday 20 hours per week 10am to 2pm
- Office based at CTCRM, Lympstone, Exmouth, EX8 5AR
- Salary £24K per annum (pro rata)
Closing Date Friday 3rd September
Interviews Commencing Wednesday 22nd September
To apply, please email CV’s and cover letter to email@example.com with the email subject ‘MembershipFO‘.
Due to the nature of the role, we find that application numbers can be extremely high. Given this we have found that we are unable to reply to all who have not been successful. We aim to inform all successful candidates within 1 week of the closing date.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.