ZE Global – (Duxford)
ZE Global is one of the world’s leading authorities on conflict and its
impact on people’s lives from 1914 through to the present day with
collections that are filled with personal stories and experiences. The
client’s aim is to share these stories with as many audiences as possible
across the world in a way that engages and challenges them, increasing
understanding of why we go to war and the effect that conflict has on
As an SIA Licensed Door Supervisor your primary role as a site security
supervisor will be to join our guarding team to maintain a safe and secure
environment for visitors and employees by patrolling and monitoring
premises and personnel.
As a site security supervisor, you will manage the site and manage the
onsite security team and be the first point of contact for our client at a
high-profile London/Cambridgeshire/Manchester visitor attraction.
In this role you will ensure that the company standards for security and
safety of all clients, visitors, staff, assets and property are maintained.
You will at times monitor CCTV, Electronic Access Control, and all other
security systems. To ensure the security and safety of all clients,
visitors, staff, assets, and property.
Apply the rules and regulations relating to entry to the client’s premises,
the issue of passes to employees and contractors and ensure that visitors
and contractors are aware of the company and client’s emergency procedures.
Ensure that the security team carry out full patrols of the premises both
internally and externally, check all areas for breaches of security, fire
and environmental risks and take appropriate action.
Submit, as necessary, reports of any incident, event, or occurrence.
Escalate information both verbally and by written report to the company and
the client’s onsite representatives.
Respond to emergency situations and act as first responder to health and
safety and security issues.
As a site security supervisor, you must be computer literate, be able to
maintain records in a proper, legible way with relevant company
documentation as required.
You should be able to demonstrate the skills and competencies set out
below, but equally we are looking for people who can treat every colleague,
customer or visitor with respect, courtesy, and honesty. We expect our
staff to work flexibly and with enthusiasm.
There is a signing on Bonus of £500 which will be paid after three months
of employment . If you were to leave the company within the first year the
company would reserve the right to claim this back.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
Reading, understanding, and updating the Assignment Instructions
(AIs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the site.
Managing and controlling entry and exit points.
Managing searches of visitors’ bags as and when required.
Using the company’s guarding management software (GMS) on company and
personal mobile phones/laptop as directed.
Managing, monitoring, and undertaking vehicle and foot patrols.
· Managing, monitoring, and undertaking Internal and external site patrols
as per the AIs for the site.
· Completing written reports as and when required.
· Communicating via the security radio system and ensuring the equipment’s
proper use by the team.
· Answering incoming phone calls if your assignment requires this.
· Directing deliveries to the appropriate areas.
· Managing and undertaking the parking of visitor vehicles as per the
client’s parking/vehicle policy.
· Ensuring that the team are trained and able to undertake the evacuation
of public/visitors from the site upon activation of the fire detection
system. As well as taking overall responsibility for the evacuation process
· Responsibility for the testing the fire detection system at the site and
the training of the site team as and when required.
· Responding to security and safety incidents on the site.
· Liaising with emergency services where necessary.
· Working closely with the police and other agencies when high profile
visitors and/or VIPs attend the site.
We expect our site security supervisors to be polite and reliable.
It is foreseen that overtime will be available if you wish to undertake
additional hours to cover out of hours events and staff shortages on the
roster due to sickness, leave etc.
Security Supervisor – Person Specification:
· Holds a current valid CCTV and Door Supervisor (or Close Protection) SIA
· Experience of Security Control Rooms, Security Operations Centres or
Alarm Receiving Centres.
· Healthy and physically fit; able to be on their feet for long periods of
· High Standards of personal presentation and hygiene.
· Enthusiastic, personable, motivated, and flexible.
· A good communicator at all levels. Able to deal with visitors and
client’s staff in a professional way in sometimes challenging situations.
· Experience of using technology in a guarding environment, for example
Guarding Management Systems, Clocking Systems, and the use of smartphones
and/or tablets with these solutions.
· A minimum of 5 year previous corporate/public facing security supervisory
· Full and clear 5-year security vetting record and work history.
· Numerate and literate.
· Team Orientated Individual.
· Able to work as part of a team and independently.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Ambition to progress.
· Experience of staff management; ability to cover the Assistant Manager if
· Experienced in GDPR, Data Protection the Freedom of Information Act.
· Holds a full driving licence.
· Experience of goods in areas, loading bays, etc. with high volume,
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.