- Delivery of high value (c £5m per annum) or complex projects
- Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers
- Operating in a Safe & Secure manner
- Embedding a culture in line with the QinetiQ values
- Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline (customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales)
- Ensuring project members operate in line with the Operating Framework & functional competency management requirements; and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the QinetiQ performance management system
- Resolving conflicts (including prioritisation calls) within the project and collaborating across QinetiQ
- Maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work
- Application of governance requirements (including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate) for foundation sales and delivery work
- Reporting progress on all accountabilities to programme / portfolio manager (or their delegate)
- Ensuring correct entry and maintenance of data onto customer management tools to support your opportunities with all details correct and up to date
Key Capabilities & Knowledge
- Leadership: influencing and aligning others towards the vision for the project, and to empower & inspire people to achieve success
- Integrity: being open, honest and doing the right thing. Keeping promises
- Communication; effectively communication as part of a two-way interaction, using a range of techniques, to ensure the received meaning matches the transmitted meaning
- Stakeholder Management: identifying, planning and implementing actions to positively engage parties with an interest in, or influence over, the project outputs
- Teamwork: creating an environment where a group of people with diverse personalities, skills, experiences and perspectives are empowered to collaborate towards a common goal
- Human Resource Management; supporting functional teams (including HR) to develop and manage our people in line with legal requirements and QinetiQ policy
- Foundation Sales; identifying, qualifying, developing and delivering solutions to customers using an existing commercial framework contract (such as Strategic Enterprise or Engineering Delivery Partner) and being able to articulate the benefits of the QinetiQ solution to the customer
- Negotiation & Conflict Management; identifying and addressing differences of objective, attitude or perception in order to produce an agreed outcome for all parties.
- Business Development; when required, work as a member of a capture team to generate delivery plans, risk registers and costings to support the creation of the proposal document
Essential Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience gained, typically rather than necessarily, between 5-10 years of leading a business, projects, programmes, portfolios or P3 function and successfully delivering complex projects
- Experience delivering defence, engineering and/or IT projects
Desirable Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in appropriate discipline
- Hold a recognised PM qualification (APM Project Professional Qualification (PPQ) or Prince2)
- Experience in Defence, Aerospace or other closely related sectors
Desirable Software System Project Management Experience
- Experience of SW system development projects using either Agile or traditional development methods.
- Knowledge / Exposure to complex networked systems preferably in a ‘hard’ real-time environment.
- Knowledge / Exposure to SW safety standards such as Def Stan 00-55/56, DOD-178 or ED-109A.
Why Join QinetiQ?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges. You’ll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you’ll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining QinetiQ offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You’ll receive highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what’s happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals, we are a world-centre of excellence in research and development and act as a catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, and technical, engineering and scientific expertise. QinetiQ is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. Being part of QinetiQ means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Come and find out how you can play a role.
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.