CTCRM – Lympstone
Help get better trained personnel to the front line faster
Project Selborne is a Transformational Training programme with a strategic goal of modernising Royal Navy training to deliver “better trained sailors to the front line faster”.
Reporting to the Enabling Services Manager – Planning, the Training Planning Manager is responsible for the overall planning output within Commando Training Centre Royal Marines (CTCRM) ensuring that all contracted outputs are met in line with the SoR. You will work as part of a team to deliver training support to the customer by using mandated IT (TAFMIS) systems and carry out their duties in line with current policy.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage Commando Training Centre Royal Marines (CTCRM) resource utilisation against an annual budgeting process.
- Attendance and reporting to Team Fisher Planning Management forums.
- Manage, deliver and produce Long Term Plans for Selborne Courses
- Coordinate all Training Planning commercial responses for surrounding Change requests across the contract within stipulated timeframes.
- Assisting with the production of the SOTT (Statement of Training Task) through engagement with all relevant stakeholders from the endorsed SOTR (Statement of Training Requirement) and implement any approved changes maximising efficiency.
- Monitor resource usage in year, managing the effective use of any surplus, against resource requisitions.
- Line management of other members of the Training Planning team and functional line management to Royal Marine Planning staff.
What we’re looking for:
- Familiarity in use of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the military
- Experience of Training Planning, support processes and systems
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment whilst ensuring commercial timeframes and contracted outputs are being met
- Excellent Customer Service and Management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Complete ability to work unsupervised with limited direction
- Ability to obtain SC clearance
About Project Selborne
Project Selborne is a wide scale, 12 year transformation of Royal Navy Training. The contract worth GBP 1 billion was awarded in December 2020 to a consortium led by Capita to deliver and modernise training for the RN. The consortia of partners known as Team Fisher includes Raytheon UK, Elbit Systems UK, Fujitsu and University of Lincoln together with 14 other UK-based suppliers.
Our ‘one team’ philosophy is about collaboration and openness, key to the success of this programme.
We are looking for people with the talent and experience who can help shape better outcomes for our customers. We are using our expertise in digital transformation to review service design, modernise courses and deploy cutting edge technology to enhance courses including synthetic training (simulator) systems and data analytics. This programme is a shared endeavour working alongside the Royal Navy’s Training Management Group (TMG) as a single integrated team. Together, we will address challenges and collectively improve outcomes for sailors and marines at scale across the naval enterprise – something we are proud to be part of over the coming years
What’s in it for you?
- A basic salary of up to £30,000 depending on experience
- 23 days’ holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Joining an existing team
- Full training will be given
- Busy rewarding role
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.