Tasks and Responsibilities
- Accurately follow Work Orders and complete work in allocated time frames. Raise any issues with the Supervisor at the earliest opportunity.
- Fabrication of components using equipment to clean, prepare, cut, burn, and weld pieces; setting-up and measuring assemblies; selecting appropriate method.
- Engage with an open and professional attitude with both the production team, management and external clients and contractors.
- Undertake job related training when required to do so.
- Comply with the Company’s health, safety and environmental policies and procedures at all times and proactively engage when required at team briefings.
- Carry out work activities with care for both your own health and safety and others who may be affected.
- Report all hazards, accidents and incidents whether directly involved or not directly to Management.
- Take responsibility for personal learning and development and work with the Supervisor to identify opportunities to increase effectiveness.
- The job-holder may be approached to carry out warranty work at various locations around the UK.
Undertake any other duties as are reasonably required.
- The job holder is expected to have completed a relevant welding/fabrication Technical Qualification or have completed a time served apprenticeship.
- The job holder will ideally have industry knowledge and familiar with EN ISO9606-2/EN ISO15614-2 coding.
- The job holder is expected to have specific training for standard equipment used within their job role.
- The job holder is expected to have specific health and safety qualifications relevant to their job role.
- The job holder is expected to be competent to carry out basic planned maintenance operations for welding equipment.
Competent qualification in the use of MEWPs
- IOSH Working Safely Course
- Abrasive Wheels Awareness
- Confined Space Awareness
- COSHH Awareness
- Electrical Safety Awareness
- Environmental Awareness at Work
- Fire Extinguisher Awareness
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Ladder Safety Awareness
- Lone Working Awareness
- Manual Handling Awareness
- Mental health Awareness
- Method Statement Awareness
- Noise Awareness
- Risk Assessment Awareness
- Slips, Trips and Falls Awareness
- Vibration Awareness
- Working Equipment Awareness
Working at Height Awareness
|In-house training available:-|
• IOSH Working Safely Course
• Abrasive Wheels Awareness
• Confined Space Awareness
• COSHH Awareness
• Environmental Awareness for employees
• Fire Extinguisher Use
• Fire Safety Awareness
• Fire Marshal Training
• Ladder Safety Awareness
• Lone Working Awareness
|• Manual Handling Awareness|
• Mental health Awareness
• Noise Awareness
• Risk Assessment Awareness
• Slips, Trips and Falls Awareness
• Vibration Awareness
• Working at Height Awareness
• First Aid Basic
• Bullying and harassment in
Skills and Experience: –
- Experienced and competent to undertake welding operations using the MIG or TIG processes including weld preparation and finishing on completion.
- Experience of operating fabrication machinery including cutting/bending/folding machines, guillotines, pillar drills, reciprocating saws and associated fixed fabrication machines.
Work to permits to work
Person Specification: –
- Can do attitude
- Practical skills with attention to detail
- Good housekeeping essential
Reliable and punctual
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.