Following the award of funding from the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust to continue to develop the ‘Lifting the Lid’ campaign, we are now able to provide Mental Health (MH) training across staff, volunteers and RMA members.
About the courses
The courses we have chosen are approved MH courses and are delivered by two organisations; IED Solutions and Moor Mindful both of which have strong connections to the Corps and excellent knowledge of our Corps Family and importantly the Charity.
These courses are designed to raise awareness of Mental Health issues, help to reduce the stigma surrounding mental illness and to help spot the signs and symptoms when someone is becoming unwell.
Upcoming Available Course Dates
All courses are delivered online, and the next available courses are:
- 8th March 22 – Mental Health Awareness (Online) with IED Solutions.
- 10 May 22 – Mental Health Awareness (online) with IED Solutions (15 spaces)
- 19 Jul 22 – Mental Health Awareness (online) with Moor Mindful (15 spaces)
- Timings for all Mental Health Awareness Courses are 09:00 to 13:00
- The Mental Health First Aid course is an intensive course over 2 days and requires individual learning. Generally, those attending the course need to be online 0930 -1200 and then 1330 – 1530ish each day. The individual learning consists of reading from the manual, watching videos and answering some reflective questions. The timeframes for each session range from 1hr to 2 hrs.
Ideally, the individual learning for each session should be completed before the live session.
Zero Suicide Alliance
This free Step 1 training available from Zero Suicide Alliance gives vital awareness of how to approach someone who might be considering taking their own life and the Step 3 Training which will help reduce stigma and encourage safe and open conversations.