If your illness or injury happened on or before 5 April 2005, we can help you claim through the War Pensions Scheme. 

Under this scheme you can make a claim for any injury or illness which was caused or made worse by your service. This can include minor injuries such as fractures or more serious conditions including amputations and mental health problems.

You do not need to have served in a conflict, and there is no time limit on making a claim, but you cannot make a claim until you have left the service.

This scheme is administered by Veterans-UK, which is part of the MOD’s Defence Business Services.

If your claim is rejected by Veterans-UK or the claim is allowed but the level of assessment in WP or the given tariff in AFCS falls short of what you expected, we can review your claim and advise you on whether there are grounds to appeal the decision.

If we find that an appeal has merit, we can guide you through the appeal process and act as your Representative in court should the appeal go to a formal hearing known as the War Pension and Armed Forces Tribunal.

Please note: it will not always be possible to offer representation at Tribunal if you submit an appeal without consulting this charity prior to launching the appeal. There may be insufficient time to assess and prepare a case or we may not necessarily agree with the grounds of the submitted appeal and would be unable to support it.