The Role: We are currently recruiting for an Engineer to service and maintain a wide range of commercial refrigeration and air conditioning applications. In addition to the engineering duties our senior engineer will also have a vital role improving the efficiency, productivity, profitability, and growth of the service department
This role will involve:
- Carrying out planned maintenance, or reactive diagnosis / repairs to Air conditioning/ HVAC Systems safely, and to the highest standard.
- Provide effective solutions to the faults found.
- No installation work
- Attend manufactures training courses.
- Uses of cloud-based Job Logic processing system.
- Aim for fix first time on all repairs.
- Provide the highest standard of service or repairs to build on our already excellent relationship with our customers.
- Data input into Job Logic
- Actively promote the company in the best light
- Call out rota covering 24 Hour call-out currently one week in 10 The Person: The ideal candidate will be a team player with great communication skills and have at least 5 years’ trade experience in servicing, repairs and maintenance of Air conditioning systems. (Installation experience not essential but would be an advantage) Refrigeration equipment experience is also essential.
- Full UK Driving licence
- FGAS certified to CAT1. C&G or CITB
- Qualified to Level 2 NVQ or C&G in air conditioning and refrigeration
- Additional related qualifications desirable but not essential (e.g. NVQ Level 3 or C&G in Air Conditioning)
- Experience with Air Conditioning split systems, VRF systems, Close Control CRAC Systems, Water Chillers and HVAC Systems
We appreciate some of the RM’s won’t have the experience, however, please don’t stop them applying as we will consider people without experience, but we might have to adjust the job offer / salary to reflect this.
Working Hours: 40 Hours per week basic – Additional hours may be required. This is a field-based role which requires travel to customer’s sites, occasional nights away, weekend and some night work.
Location: Mobile position covering travel nationwide
Salary & Benefits:
Remuneration dependant on experience and location,
Salary up to £40,000.00
Company vehicle with private use within reason
Company Uniform provided
Company Mobile phone/pda
33 days holiday including bank holidays
Overtime available up to 30% of salary
Night work pay @ 1.2 rate plus extra day off
Working away premier inn or better plus £35.00 per night
Pension Provided (after 3 months)
Personal development plan and training plan produced after 3 months
Other opt in benefits as they come on stream
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.