School Placement – Lancashire County Council
Accountabilities/Responsibilities – appropriate for this post:
1. Provide customised mentoring to identified young people within schools
2. Liaise with school staff to provide particular support to targeted pupils to raise achievement
and attendance and help them to overcome barriers to learning.
3. Provide input to the identification of needs, assessing those pupils needing extra support
and the development of individual action plans for targeted pupils
4. Work in a one-to-one relationship with targeted pupils to implement an action plan
5. Provide extra support to pupils through knowledge of a range of activities and opportunities
available to them
6. Collate information and maintain records of pupil achievement and attendance.
7. Provide support and advice to pupils to promote their social care and personal development
8. Assist in resolving relationship issues between pupils
9. Be responsible for monitoring of individual action plans
10. To complete all elements of the Training Plan within agreed timescale
- Scope of Work
Role holders will undertake a range of standardised procedures, some of which maybe
relatively complex, and use associated tools and equipment. Role holders may be
expected to respond independently to unexpected problems or situations.
- Role holders may be responsible for:
Instructing and checking the work of others; or
Planning and organising tasks; or
Interpreting information, solving task-related problems or implementing regulations;
Producing work of the required standard; or
Providing advice and guidance on established internal policies and procedures
- Skills, knowledge and experience
Previous relevant experience or the ability to demonstrate the competence to carry
out the job.
Possession of, or the ability to demonstrate the capability to gain, relevant
qualifications, licences or equivalent where applicable.
Enhanced skills appropriate to the job discipline.
In addition to the skills, knowledge and experience described, you may be required to
undertake a lower graded role as appropriate.
Completion of work to required standards and deadlines
Each mentor receives a comprehensive training package which currently includes:
Effective Mentoring at Level 3
Information, Advice and Guidance at Level 2
(Please note: Some elements of the training may change)
Placement in schools is for one academic year. Mentors are paid at Grade 5 of the LCC Salary Scale (currently £20,043pa) for 37 hpw. This is a full- time role with pre-agreed holiday periods as follows:
19/12/22 to 03/01/23 inclusive
03/04/23 to 14/04/23 inclusive
21/08/23 to 31/08/23 inclusive
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.