What you’ll do
This is a new and exciting opportunity to lead a team that will develop and deliver career and leadership opportunities for experienced individuals from a range of military backgrounds to transition into a career within the Scottish Health and Care system.
Working with key stakeholders across NHS, Scottish Government, social care, public services and military service leavers and veteran organisations and networks, you will play a critical role in the development of a sustainable, engaged, and adaptive workforce across Scotland’s health and care system.
Key tasks will include but will not be limited to:
- Lead the design, development and delivery of a career pathway for experienced individuals from a range of military backgrounds to transition into a career within the Scottish Health and Care system.
- Lead the design, development and delivery of a talent management and leadership programme that builds on our service leaver and veteran pathway, which also promotes an inclusive and diverse approach to supporting leadership skills development across all levels and succession to senior management roles
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the NHS, Scottish Government, social care, public services and military service leavers and veteran organisations and networks, ensuring we contribute to the outcomes described in the Scottish Government’s National Performance Framework
- Play a key role externally, in supporting the management of change, organisational effectiveness, and the delivery of strategic outcomes relating to employee engagement, inclusivity, efficiency, and workforce development;
- Provide professional advice and expertise on leadership development and talent management of military veterans and service leavers to senior colleagues in NES, sponsors in Scottish Government and external partners and stakeholders
- Formulate and develop the plan for the delivery of workstreams for which NES is responsible, leading implementation and ensuring that all targets and milestones are met
- Oversee the management of financial resources and procurement processes
- Ensure effective evaluation and impact assessment of all activity for which NES is responsible, to ensure the delivery of programmes and resources of appropriate quality and content which meet desired outcomes.
What you’ll bring
You will be an outstanding relationship-builder, with a track record of delivering purpose-led, meaningful, strategic change in collaboration with multiple partners and stakeholders. The health and care sector is complex, challenging and rewarding, calling for innovative, committed and energetic team-players.
Ideally you will have recent military experience and be a strategic thinker with strong influence through existing networks that touch service leavers and military veterans. You will add a credible voice to the strategic partnerships supporting leavers and veterans. Bringing leadership to the creation of a talent management and leadership programme is vital in supporting an inclusive approach to skills development across all levels and succession to senior management roles. You will think creatively and embrace different approaches to attracting, recruiting and supporting service leavers and military veterans.
You will also work collaboratively across the range of health and care stakeholders, ensuring that they both engage in this important work but also realise the benefits from it.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Janice Gibson, Associate Director for Organisation Development, Leadership and Learning via email email@example.com
Applicants who wish to apply on a secondment basis are strongly encouraged to discuss this with their current employer at the earliest opportunity.
For further information please refer to the Job Information Pack below.
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
Flexible Location: NES is a remote friendly employer supporting office, remote and hybrid working. We’re happy to talk about how you want to work.
Closing date: 15th April 2022
Interview date: from the 29th April 2022
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.