For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 01392 346429
MOD Abbey Wood, Bristol
Salary: £37,400 – £44,000 per annum (plus benefits)
Based out of MOD HQ Bristol Abbey Wood, we currently have two exciting opportunities for Radar / Radiofrequency Engineers to join us at Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S). Available posts will see you working in the Directed Energy Weapons (DEW) Team, supporting development of state-of-the-art weaponry and within Artillery Systems, supporting a new capability project.
As a Radar/Radiofrequency Engineer, you will play a significant role in building and maintaining strong working relationships with our Industry Partners and have technical responsibility for the delivery of Pre-Concept Capability Demonstrators – directly impacting future capability within Defence. Alongside this, you will work closely with stakeholders to identify mitigations and provide solutions to any issues relating to Radars/Radiofrequency – your technical understanding is vital.
This could be the ideal career for you, allowing the chance for you to develop your skills, experience of leadership and delivery of successful outcomes.
Due to the nature of roles available, posts are Reserved for Sole UK Nationals.
Responsibilities for Radar/Radiofrequency Engineer
Your main duties and responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
• Manage the delivery of all engineering aspects within radiofrequency and/or radar engineering
• Provide expert advice and guidance in own technical area to solve complex technical problems and identify application risks.
• Manage the technical requirements for the acquisition lifecycle stage of one or more project, programme, service or system which will include managing the technical resources required for successful delivery
• Monitor and implement any governance and assurance policies and procedures to ensure the ‘safe & professional’ status of the area led.
• Lead on the development of requirements related to own area of specialism including acceptance plans, performance criteria and draft specifications.
• Interface with industry as the intelligent customer both in a scrutiny role and supporting the identification of application risks
• Trials planning, management and results analysis
• Develop the Project Engineering Artefacts (including Engineering Management plans)
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
• Relevant Level 4 (or higher) qualification or equivalent experience
• Experience of providing technical advice and leading the delivery of successful engineering outcomes
• Wide ranging depth and breadth of technical experience in own specialism with exposure to Radiofrequency and/or Radar Engineering approaches
• Strong written and communication skills due to stakeholder engagement
It would benefit your application if you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• Chartered or Incorporated Engineer or has demonstrated equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
• Member of a relevant Professional Engineering / Science Institute or equivalent body
• Experience working in an engineering role within aerospace or defence industry
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
• Improving Engineering Capability
• Technical Decision Making
• Changing and improving
• Communicating and influencing
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.