Ze Global – (HMS Belfast)
Duties will include but are not limited to:
Reading and understanding the Assignment Instructions (AIs) and
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the site.
Controlling entry and exit points.
Undertaking searches of visitors’ bags as and when required.
Using the company’s guarding management software (GMS) on company and
personal mobile phones as directed.
Vehicle and foot patrols.
· Internal and external site patrols as directed; to include all public
spaces and staff areas within the site and the perimeter of the site
externally as directed by the site supervisor.
· Completing written reports.
· Communicating via the security radio system.
· Answering incoming phone calls if your assignment requires this.
· Directing deliveries to the appropriate areas.
· The parking of visitor vehicles as per the client’s parking/vehicle policy.
· Evacuation of public/visitors from the site upon activation of the fire
· Assist in testing the fire detection system as and when required.
· Responding to security and safety incidents on the site.
· Liaising with emergency services where necessary.
· Working closely with the police and other agencies when high profile
visitors and/or VIPs attend the site.
· Fit to patrol nine decks over 187m (613.5ft) of ship
· Able to make understandable broadcasts over the personal address system
· Learn to use the emergency (fire) panel (once trained you will on occasion
be the initial incident commander until relieved by a supervisor/leading
yeoman or the branch operations manager
· Learn the plan of the ship and how to decipher the location markings
· Be able and happy to converse with the public in various circumstances,
including, but not limited to lost children/vulnerable adults, directing and
· Update the ships logbook (aka Daily Occurrence Book – DOB) through the
· Record the comings and goings of all staff, volunteers, contractors
· On their own, able to open up most of the ship i.e., the visitor route,
function spaces, turn on lights, check fire extinguishers, turn on sounds
and visuals and most important report all faults
· Daily raising and lowering of the flags
Security Officer – Person Specification:
· Holds a current valid Door Supervisor or Close Protection SIA licence.
· Healthy and physically fit; able to be on their feet for long periods of
· High Standards of personal presentation and hygiene.
· Enthusiastic, personable, motivated, and flexible.
· A good communicator at all levels. Able to deal with visitors and client’s
staff in a professional way in sometimes challenging situations.
· Experience of using technology in a guarding environment for example
Guarding Management Systems, Clocking Systems and the use of smartphones
and/or tablets with these solutions.
· A minimum of 1 year previous corporate/public facing security experience.
· Full and clear 5 year security vetting record and work history.
· Numerate and literate.
· Team Orientated Individual.
· Able to work as part of a team and independently.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Ambition to progress.
· Holds a current valid Public Space CCTV SIA licence.
· Experience of Security Control Rooms, Security Operations Centres or Alarm
· Experience of staff management; ability to cover the site supervisor if
· Experienced in GDPR, Data Protection the Freedom of Information Act.
· Holds a full driving licence.
· Experience of goods in areas, loading bays, etc. with high volume, valuable
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.