ZE Global – (3 London Sites)
ZE Global is an independent Security, Communications, Life Safety & Guarding
company with offices in London, Dubai, Glasgow & Bournemouth serving the
EMEA region (Europe, the Middle East, and Africa).
Within its UK team ZE Global has over 100 years of experience in physical
security and life safety. Our approach is team based with transparent
communications at all times and an absolute customer focus.
Our mission and focus offers a holistic approach to physical security and
life safety that integrates an end-to-end solution empowering our partners
and clients with the ability to function effectively and protect the
integrity of operations and life in mission critical environments.
Purpose of the job.
Our client is one of the world’s leading authorities on conflict and its
impact on people’s lives from 1914 through to the present day with collections
that are filled with personal stories and experiences. The client’s aim is
to share these stories with as many audiences as possible across the world
in a way that engages and challenges them, increasing understanding of why
we go to war and the effect that conflict has on people’s lives.
As an SIA Licensed Door Supervisor your primary role as a security officer
will be to join our guarding team to maintain a safe and secure environment
for visitors and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and
You should be able to demonstrate the skills and competencies set out below,
but equally we are looking for people who can treat every colleague, customer
or visitor with respect, courtesy, and honesty. We expect our staff to work
flexibly and with enthusiasm.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
Reading and understanding the Assignment Instructions (AIs) and
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the site.
Controlling entry and exit points.
Undertaking searches of visitors’ bags as and when required.
Using the company’s guarding management software (GMS) on company and
personal mobile phones as directed.
Vehicle and foot patrols.
· Internal and external site patrols as directed; to include all public
spaces and staff areas within the site and the perimeter of the site
externally as directed by the site supervisor.
· Completing written reports.
· Communicating via the security radio system.
· Answering incoming phone calls if your assignment requires this.
· Directing deliveries to the appropriate areas.
· The parking of visitor vehicles as per the client’s parking/vehicle policy.
· Evacuation of public/visitors from the site upon activation of the fire
· Assist in testing the fire detection system as and when required.
· Responding to security and safety incidents on the site.
· Liaising with emergency services where necessary.
· Working closely with the police and other agencies when high profile
visitors and/or VIPs attend the site.
We expect our security officers to be polite, reliable, and capable of working
long hours on their feet.
It is foreseen that overtime will be available if you wish to undertake
additional hours to cover out of hours events and staff shortages on the
roster due to sickness, leave etc.
Security Officer – Person Specification:
· Holds a current valid Door Supervisor or Close Protection SIA licence.
· Healthy and physically fit; able to be on their feet for long periods of
· High Standards of personal presentation and hygiene.
· Enthusiastic, personable, motivated, and flexible.
· A good communicator at all levels. Able to deal with visitors and client’s
staff in a professional way in sometimes challenging situations.
· Experience of using technology in a guarding environment for example
Guarding Management Systems, Clocking Systems and the use of smartphones
and/or tablets with these solutions.
· A minimum of 1 year previous corporate/public facing security experience.
· Full and clear 5 year security vetting record and work history.
· Numerate and literate.
· Team Orientated Individual.
· Able to work as part of a team and independently.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Ambition to progress.
· Holds a current valid Public Space CCTV SIA licence.
· Experience of Security Control Rooms, Security Operations Centres or Alarm
· Experience of staff management; ability to cover the site supervisor if
· Experienced in GDPR, Data Protection the Freedom of Information Act.
· Holds a full driving licence.
· Experience of goods in areas, loading bays, etc. with high volume, valuable
For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 023 9298 1920.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.