For further information or to express interest, please get in touch with the Employment & Education team via this email address or on 01392 346429
What the role will entail:
Guests aboard. 2 of security professionals rotating in 12h shifts at the access to the yacht and will also be required to assist with deck work in the vicinity if the current threat scenario is low. The 3rd security professional will be on standby / deck work – to assist and to facilitate breaks for the those on access control. He will assist on deck as required between these responsibilities.
Guests off. 3 security professionals are scheduled to rotate approximately 1 week on night security followed by 2 weeks on deck daywork equal to all other deckhands who will share the access control throughout their normal watch rota if the operation allows.
What the yacht is looking for:
Former Military pedigree candidates.
- Well-presented manner and personal appearance at all times on and off duty
- Well behaved at all times on and off duty. Military mindset required around enhanced awareness of security, diligence, personal and professional conduct and an ability to interact with owners and crew in a totally professional manner at all times. It is absolutely critical that first impressions of the security team are always of the highest order; there is no room of error in this area despite the [sometime] mundane nature of the role. Exemplary discipline is expected which is why former military professionals are being employed in these roles.
Qualifications and certificates:
- In date STCW
- In date ENG 1
- Proficiency in Designated Security Duties [online course here: www.virsec.org]
- Power Boat Level 2 a plus but not essential
- FREC 3 or STCW Medical First Aid a plus but not essential
- Additional Security qualifications a plus but not essential
- Water sport interest and qualifications a plus but not essential
Salary: circa €3000
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
RMA - The Royal Marines Charity promotes employment opportunities on behalf of multiple companies and share their adverts. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.